The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) implements social welfare and development programs and services for vulnerable and disadvantaged sectors in the country with the help of various stakeholders such as the Local Government Units (LGUs); Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) comprising Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and People’s Organizations (POs); Resource Agencies/Development Partners; and volunteers.
DSWD Secretary Judy M. Taguiwalo said that the department is now guided by the slogan “Maagap at Mapagkalingang Serbisyo.
“We are continuously improving our process of delivery of services to the sectors we are mandated to serve, together with groups and individuals who have selflessly devoted their time and resources to the realization of our shared goals,” Sec. Taguiwalo added.
To give recognition to its partners and stakeholders, the DSWD institutionalized the “Pagkilala sa Natatanging Kontribusyon sa Bayan (PaNata Ko sa Bayan) Awards”, which serves as the highlight event of the Department’s annual anniversary celebration.
This coming February 21, the DSWD will once again pay tribute to those who have contributed to the realization of the shared vision of empowering individuals, families and communities.
Various awards will be presented during the ceremony. These are:
- Salamat Po Award – a commendation of development partners and volunteers who provided assistance ito help the Department in its delivery of social protection services. The award is also in recognition of achieved goals and the established best practices of various NGO partners.
- Gawad sa Makabagong Teknolohiyang Panlipunan – an award given to either a Local Government Unit (LGU), or an NGO which has introduced a new and effective social technology, the use of which has led to the creation of a best practice.
- GAPAS Awards – a commendation given to (i) Local Government Unit (LGU) implementing DSWD programs and services such as Day Care Services, Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan – Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services (KALAHI-CIDSS) and Sustainable Livelihood Program enterprise and employment facilitation models and to LGUs effectively implementing a convergence initiative, and the Best People’s Organization that has significant contribution in their respective communities.
- Gawad Listahanan – an award given to LGUs for providing services and assistance to the Listahanan-identified poor families.
- Gawad Serbisyo- a recognition to partners in government service who have provided their significant assistance and unwavering commitment during emergencies.
Sec. Taguiwalo emphasized, “Ang Kagawaran ay lubos na nagpapasalamat sa aming mga katuwang sa pagpapatupad ng mga programa at serbisyo para sa mga bulnerableng sektor ng ating lipunan. Sa sama-sama nating pagkilos ay mas marami tayong maaabot na mga kababayang nangangailangan ng tulong kaya’t itinuturing namin kayong lahat na mahalagang bahagi ng Departamento ( The Department is grateful to its partners in spreading programs and services for the vulnerable sectors of society. Through our collective action, we will be able to reach out to more Filipinos needing our assistance. Hence, we consider all of you as a vital part of the DSWD.)” ###