The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has provided assistance to the victims of the two (2) recent bombing incidents that occurred in the town of Isulan, Sultan Kudarat.
The first blast occurred on August 28 at a night market along the national highway at Barangay Kalawag 3, killing three (3) people and injuring 36 others, according to news reports.
DSWD Field Office (FO) 12 extended P5,000 as financial assistance to the injured who were staying at Sultan Kudarat Provincial Hospital, Holy Nazarene Hospital, and St. Louie Hospital, while a P3,000 cash aid was provided to those who had been discharged from the hospital.
The DSWD FO also provided P5,000 each to the families of those who died due to the blast.
On August 30, DSWD FO 12 Regional Director Zorahayda Taha visited some of the survivors staying at Sultan Kudarat Provincial Hospital together with Sultan Kudarat Governor Datu Pax Mangudadatu to personally hand over the assistance.
Aside from assisting the August 28 bombing survivors, the Department is also currently providing aid to those affected by the second bomb that exploded inside a computer shop at Barangay Kalawag 2 on September 2. The said incident killed two (2) individuals and wounded 14 others.
To date, the DSWD FO 12 has provided P177,000 worth of assistance to individuals and families affected by the first bombing incident, while a total of P68,000 will be given to the survivors and bereaved families of the second blast. This brings the total amount of assistance of DSWD to P245,000.
“We are deeply saddened that several innocent individuals have lost their lives due to these recent bombing incidents,” DSWD Secretary Virginia N. Orogo said.
“Rest assured that the DSWD, through our Field Office in the SOCSKSARGEN Region, will continue to monitor the condition of both the survivors and the families of those who died due to the incidents for the provision of other assistance that they may need,” the Secretary added. ###