The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), as the Chair of the National Committee on the Filipino Family (NCFF), is now accepting nominations for the Natatanging Pamilyang Pilipino (NPP).
The NPP aims to recognize and award exemplary Filipino families who have significantly contributed towards nation-building and the development of the family as the foundation of Philippine society, and to develop a pool of ambassadors in promoting Filipino values.
DSWD accredited civil society organizations, local government units, organizations, and entities engaged in families may endorse a nominee with the following eligibility:
- the family members are Filipino citizens;
- with good moral character and without criminal record; and
- regardless of socio-economic status, income had not been derived from gambling, child labor, prostitution, extortion and, other similar illegal sources.
Each organization may nominate one family and must submit the following requirements to the DSWD Field Office where the nominee is residing:
- Accomplished Nomination Form that contains:
- profile of the family, activities, awards received, community participation, and records of accomplishments;
- a write-up of not less than 500 words but not more than 1,000 words, with family photos;
- conforme to be signed by authorized / designated representative of the family nominated to the NPP
- Three recommendations from the barangay / credible source (local officials, parish church, any authorized / credible organizations)
- Photos of the family and their activities (family reunions, school, and other extracurricular activities)
- Video of the family that highlights their day-to-day activities, involvement in the community, etc. (optional)
The National Champion will receive cash incentives of at least Php 50,000.00 while each regional awardee will get Php10,000.00.
The deadline for nominations is until March 31, 2023. For more information, interested parties may contact the DSWD Field Offices (dswd.gov.ph/directory-of-officials-field-office) or may visit the official social media pages and website of the DSWD. ###