To express gratitude to partner individuals and organizations for supporting its programs, services and advocacies, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) held the 2018 Pagkilala sa Natatanging Kontribusyon sa Bayan (PaNata Ko sa Bayan) Awards at the DSWD Central Office Auditorium on March 8.
The annual event recognizes partners and stakeholders who have been helpful in providing assistance to the various activities of the DSWD especially during disaster and emergency response operations, implementation of protective and promotive programs and services, capacity-building activities, and other means of support to assist the marginalized and poor sectors of the society.
“The work of the DSWD is tremendous. It is a big challenge for anyone. Now, given the huge expectations, the Filipino people have on the Department, we in the DSWD need all the help that we can get so that we can perform all our tasks that could fill all these responsibilities. It is not an understatement to say that we would never be able to accomplish all that we need to do for all our beneficiaries without the support of our various partners. This is then at the core of why we hold the annual PaNata Awards, to thank our partners and to give tribute to their own efforts to help Filipinos to improve their lives,” said DSWD Officer-in-Charge Emmanuel A. Leyco.
The following are the winners of the 2018 PaNata Ko Sa Bayan Awards:
“Salamat Po” Award
Development Partner – Local
- San Roque Power Foundation, Inc. (SRPFI)
- MASICAP MSME Development Foundation, Inc.
- Ride Guardian Emergency Network (RGEN)
- Members Church of God International (MCGI)
- Cebu Pacific Air
- PhilSeven Foundation, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House of Charities of the Philippines, Inc.
- Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)
- Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP)
- Philippine Public Safety College (PPSC)
- Refractories Corporation of the Philippines (RCP)
- Ruel Foundation Philippines, Inc.
- City of Iligan, Lanao del Norte
- Municipality of Balo-i, Lanao del Norte
- Municipality of Pantao Ragat, Lanao del Norte
- Municipality of Pantar, Lanao del Norte
- Municipality of Linamon, Lanao del Norte
- Municipality of Bacolod, Lanao del Norte
- Province of Lanao del Norte
Development Partner – International
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations International Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Philippines
- United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
- United Nations World Food Programme (UN WFP)
- Save the Children, Philippines
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) – Australian Embassy
- Asian Development Bank
- Agencia Española de Cooperacion Internacional para el Desarollo (AECID)
- World Bank
Best Volunteer (Group) – Barangay Mataas na Kahoy, Gen. Mamerto Natividad, Nueva Ecija
Best Volunteer (Individual) – Marcelo L. Gusanan
Best Non-Government Organization:
- Chosen Children Village Foundation, Inc.
- Concordia Children’s Services, Inc.
- House of Refuge Foundation, Inc.
- Mahintana Foundation, Inc.
Gawad Paglilingkod sa Sambayanan (GAPAS) Awards
- Model LGU Implementing Day Care Services – Municipality of San Jose, Occidental Mindoro
- Model LGU Implementing Protective Programs and Services – Municipality of Concepcion, Iloilo
- Model LGU Implementing KALAHI-CIDSS – Municipality of Tabontabon, Leyte
- Model LGU Implementing Outstanding Sustainable Livelihood Program Microenterprise Development Model – Municipality of Anda, Pangasinan
- Model LGU Implementing Outstanding Sustainable Livelihood Program Employment Facilitation Model – City of Bago, Negros Occidental
- Good Convergence Initiative– City of Ozamiz, Misamis Occidental
- Best People’s Organization– Samahan ng mga Taong May Kapansanan sa Bataan (SATAMAKABA CBR) Inc.
Gawad Serbisyo – Province of Dinagat Islands
- Most Supportive Newspaper – Manila Bulletin
- Most Supportive TV Station – GMA Network
- Most Supportive Radio Station – DWDD AFP Radio
- Most Supportive DSWD Beat Reporter – Leilanie S. Junio
“I am grateful for all the help that you have given to the Department in pertinence to its mission, vision and goal to serve the Filipino people or every Filipino people in need. Now more than ever, we must all unite to ensure that we are able to provide our beneficiaries and the rest of the Filipino people prompt and compassionate service that has no room for corruption,” the social welfare OIC ended. ###